Tuesday 8 October 2013

Rainbow Nails using Dental Floss

Hi everyone

I saw someone do this technique on YouTube, and I thought this will be a nice follow up on my previous rainbow nails look. So here is another take on rainbow nails.  If you want to see the previous rainbow nails I did, just click ( here ) This is a messy look, because all the nails will look different, so if you don't like that, this look might not be for you. I used dental floss, so continue reading if you want to see how I did it.




Let's start off with the colors I used first: A
Left to right : Café Olé 06 , Let's get lost 128, Limealisious 460,  Wanna be your sunshine 137,
Off to Miami 109, Fame Fatal 114

I first put a base color, (Café Olé) let it dry completely and then started with the colors. 
I painted a small amount of polish on the floss and then just dabbed it on the nail in a rolling motion.
If you just press it down in the middle of your nail, the polish will not transfer on the
left and right side of your nail.


The left finger is what it looks like without topcoat, and the right is with.
If you want it to look more textured, leave it without a top coat, I decided to make it
smooth, so I applied a topcoat after.


This mani can of course be replaced by any colors and doesn't have to be rainbow colors at all.
You can keep it monochrome by using for example all the blue polishes you have.
Or choose only 2 or 3 of your favorite colors.  Totally up to you.

Hope you liked it :)



No comments: