Monday 14 October 2013

Mix & Match Monday : Gradient Glitter Look

Hi everyone.

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I thought today's color scheme goes pretty well with the weather we have in Bulgaria this morning.  Misty and grey.  Basically the kind of weather where you should be in bed with hot chocolate and watching movies all day.  Hope you like it.







This look was a bit messy to do, but I was happy with how it turned out in the end.
I applied one layer of a clear polish, in this case Bondi's polish in Vers
While that was still wet, I dipped my finger into loose glitter. Then shook it off really well.
For the stubborn loose glitter that doesn't want to fall off, you can use a dry nail art brush,
in my case, I used a fan brush, it worked really well.  
I got the glitter from my local arts and crafts store.



I decided not to apply a topcoat after, because I liked how it looks without it. Also it's harder to clean if you apply a topcoat over the glitter.  Just be warned, the glitter still gradually falls off.  So if you want it not to be so messy, apply a topcoat over.



Have a great week everyone.

 

No comments: